We stock a wide variety of traditional Kyoto-style products.
- Often associated with Kyoto's ancient geisha district, Gion, decorative kanzashi hairpieces are a point of pride amongst traditionally dressed Japanese women. We stock all kinds, from simple designs to the all-metal types used by geishas.
- These wooden combs, or tsukegushi, are expertly crafted to best preserve the deep, luscious beauty of Japanese hair. Each comb comes with a Kyoto-style yuuzen dyed case.
- Tatsumura hand crafted textiles
- Tatsumura's range of purses, wallets and card holders have been created using traditional methods and only the highest quality materials. Available only in Kyoto and exlusive to Oshido, these products are truly one of a kind.
- Bags and
- Using Kyoto's own nishijin-ori and yuuzen methods of weaving and dying, we stock a huge variety of purses, bags and other delicate ornaments in all colours and sizes.
- Japanese traditional garments
- We carry a range of traditional Japanese garments, from women's kimonos and yukatas to men's samue and jinbeis, perfect for relaxing at home, as a fany and unique gift for friends or family, or wandering the streets of Kyoto in traditional style. Our knowledgable staff will even help you change!
- Gifts for
- A range of pocket mirrors, card holders, teaspoons, magnets and other small items engraved with colourful images of Kyoto's most iconic symbols, such as geishas and temple scenery. We also carry T-shirts, ceramics, thimbles and all sorts of other souvernirs to suit all budgets.
Located on the second floor is the Sakura Dining Room. Serving a range of light Japanese meals, such as udon, soba and donburi, as well as tea, coffee and desserts, it's a great place to take a break before or after your temple visit.